The essential vegetables to a healthy diet
Five essential vegetables to a healthy diet
Recent reports have highlighted the fact that obesity is becoming a problem for many people and a group that campaign against obesity have alleged that by 2030 half the people in the United States will be obese.
The medical cost of treating obesity related diseases will run into billions.
So, what can we do to prevent this trend from occurring? We have the ability to take control of our lives and change the way in which we view our eating habits, I have listed below five vegetables that I have included in my diet which I find essential to my health and have helped me shed the unnecessary weight I had.
1. Spinach – the abundance of vitamin ‘K’ in spinach contributes greatly to a healthy nervous system and brain functions. Spinach consists of lutein, which is beneficial to your eyes and prevents cataracts.
2. Radish – extremely good for the liver and stomach and a detoxifier. It purifies the blood and a great source of roughage, facilitates digestion and in terms of weight loss radishes are very filling, low in calories and a good mouth and breath freshener
3. Cauliflower – contains high amount of antioxidants essential for the body’s overall health. A safe vegetable for pregnant women it contains a good amount of folate ‘B9’, a B vitamin that is necessary for a healthy pregnancy. Adding cauliflower to your daily diet will help in the reduction of prostate, breast, colon, bladder, and ovarian cancer. This vegetable also protects against cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
4. String-beans – beans are the primary source of dietary fiber. String-beans help prevents cancer, bone disease, asthma, fatigue, inflammation, iron deficiency, high blood pressure and heart disease. Eating string-beans raw increases the health benefits but whether cooked or raw this powerhouse vegetable is good for you.
5. Broccoli – contains high amount of potassium, magnesium and calcium, that helps regulate blood pressure. It also has ample amount of vitamin ‘C’ an effective antihistamine for easing the discomfort of the common cold. Broccoli bolsters the immune system.
The above five vegetables can play a significant role in healthy eating and living, gives us the ability to take control of, not only our health but our life and help to prevent obesity.
Protecting our health is about being sensible and we have all the necessary vegetables, fruits and natural resources for healthy eating that can allow us to beat obesity and many other health related problems with simple changes to our diets.